Saturday, September 29, 2007

My Apartment



I live with another first year law student named Erica. She is from LA and went to UC Northridge. Erica is jewish so we keep a kosher kitchen. I was nervous at first because I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's been really easy to manage. We get our meat from the kosher butcher in LA, and luckly stores like Trader Joes and Whole Foods have such a vast array of kosher food that I haven't found my life style cramped. Erica and I always say that I am now jewish by association and she is now republican by association (Sean doesn't like talking politics with me!) We live in a cute apartment complex about two minutes from the law school, which has turned out to be the biggest blessing. Our apartment is a work in progress, but Dad and Paula really helped us along when they came out a few weekends ago. My next project is working on my room, but I seemed to be hard pressed to find time to decorate. I have to laugh when I think about how two months ago we were picking out our decor over email and trying to get everything situated from a mass of ikea boxes and black trash bags filled with my stuff in the back of my car. Some people say they are in law school to save the world. I am in law school so I can make enough money to never have to build anything from ikea again. Until then Erica and I will be a two woman ikea assembly line.

2 comments:

Lyle said...

haha, you said "blessing."

:)

Jeff and Elisabeth said...

Now that it doesn't look like two frat boys are living there, I think it is lovely! :)